- Ginger Cookies
- Tonya Treml
Serves/Makes:2 dozen or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dark corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cloves
- 3 tsp (15 ml) ginger
- 1-1/2 t baking soda
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) flour
- Put butter in mixing bowl.
- Mix 1/2 cup (125 ml) water and next 5 ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over butter and stir until cool.
- Mix baking soda and flour.
- Slowly add to first mixture and stir until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough into 6 parts.
- Lightly flour board.
- Roll each part 1/16 in. thick.
- Cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 6 minutes or until brown and crisp.