- Really Fabulous Spaghetti Sauce
- C. J.
Serves/Makes:5 or more
- 1 2 lb (.9 kg). can tomatoes
- 1 small onion, cut in eighths
- 1/2 green pepper, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 7 oz (196 grm). jar Traditional flavor Ragu sauce
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). mild Italian sausage
- cooked spaghetti
- grated parmesan cheese
- Put first nine ingredients into blender container.
- Cover and process for two cycles.
- Pour into large sauce pan.
- Add bay leaves, tomato sauce and Ragu.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, brown the sausage in a large frying pan.
- Cut the sausage into bite size pieces and add to sauce.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve over spaghetti with parmesan cheese.
- This is the best sauce I've found. Sometimes I take the sausage out of the casings and brown it like ground beef but most of the time I leave in the link form.
I serve this with a steamed green vegetable and warm Italian bread. It's really good and very easy.