- Rich and satisfying dish of cream and scallops baked to supreme perfection.. VERY good! VERY easy!
- S. Chokel
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bay scallops (or sea scallops, quartered)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) white pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh soft bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- In a medium bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the melted butter and set aside.
- Mix wine, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in medium bowl.
- Stir in scallops, then add cream and stir.
- Place mixture in shallow baking dish or french ramekin.
- Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) until scallops are done, mixture is bubbly and crumbs are browned, approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve as a great luncheon or light dinner fare with a crisp salad and a buttery croissant with wild strawberry perserves. I like to add a wild rice side dish or rice pilaf and maybe some glazed carrots to accompany the meal when serving it as a dinner entree.