Hake in Yogurt Dill Sauce
- Simple and elegant dish that tastes like a million bucks and is EASY on the pocketbook. Delicous mild fish recipe with the MOST complimentary flavor
- S. Chokel
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). Hake fillets or dressed whole whiting
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- dredging flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh chopped dill
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) dried dill weed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Beat together eggs, milk, and 1 tsp (5 ml) vegetable oil.
- Trim fillets, wash, and pat dry with paper towels. Cut fillets into single serving sized pieces if necessary.
- Dip fish fillets or pieces in egg mixture and dredge in flour.
- Heat 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil and 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine in a large skillet.
- Fry fish pieces until golden brown on both sides.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fish in a baking dish and dot with butter or margarine.
- Blend yogurt and dill and spoon over the fish.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- This recipe is especially good for dieter's. Substitute Fat Free Yogurt and decreased fat margarines for a great entree for a creamy wonderful dinner treat!