Banana Pudding of the Philippines
- A comfort food favorite of Filipino Families. Similar to our Banana Bread, only BETTER!
- S. Chokel
- 4 to 5 medium size ripe lakatan or bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup (225 ml) 2nd class sugar (light brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) evaporated milk mixed with
- 1 tsp (5 ml) calamansi (lime) juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) fine salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped casuy nuts (optional) (try macadamia nuts)
- Beat and cream sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs, milk, and calamansi (lime) juice. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients (mixed together).
- Add chopped nuts, then fold into creamed mixture and mashed banana.
- Pour on a well greased loaf pan, bake in a preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool before slicing.
- This is a very good recipe and fun to make. Very delicious version of what we know as Banana Bread.
Note: Filipino is the correct way of referring to something that is of the Philippines, such as the people, a recipe or things.. The country is referred to as The Philippines. It is confusing I know, but that is how the "words" are to be used.