- Mrs. Wiggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 4 tsp (20 ml). baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Grease 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add nuts and apricots, tossing lightly.
- In small bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan, pushing batter into corners of pan leaving center slightly hollowed.
- Allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- This came from the Puddin' Hill cookbook.