Serves/Makes:10 one cup servings
- 1 qt. nonfat milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- ground nutmeg for garnish
- In a heavy saucepan, combine milk, lightly beaten eggs and powdered sugar; mix well using a wire whisk.
- Slowly bring to a simmer, over low heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently with a whisk.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well, refrigerate until cold.
- To serve, heat eggnog in microwave, garnish with nutmeg, and serve warm.
For a cold variation, pour mixture into blender container and add one cup of crushed ice. Blend until frothy.