Shaughnessy's Midnight Mass Rolled Omelet
- So simple and delicious. Egg Omelet baked and rolled with Ham and Cheese for an excellent brunch or midnight breakfast!
- S. Shaughnessy
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 4 oz (112 grm). cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Dijon mustard
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (475 ml) finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) thinly sliced green onions
- Line the bottom and sides of a greased 15x10-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Add flour and salt; mix until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until blended.
- Add cream cheese mixture; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are puffed and set.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately spread with mustard and sprinkle with 1 cup (225 ml) of cheese.
- Sprinkle with ham, onions and 1 cup (225 ml) of cheese.
- Roll up from short sided 10 inch edge, not the long edge, peeling paper away while rolling.
- Sprinkle top of roll with remaining cheese; bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve with buttered toast points.
- A heavier full grained bread tastes remarkably good with this. Remember to serve strawberry or pineapple perserves. Orange Marmelade is good too.