- Basic and simple Sugar Cookie Decoration Icing. I think this one is the best to use.
Serves/Makes:about 1/2 cup
- 1 lb (.5 kg). box confectioner's ([powdered) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla (I like to use almond extract)
- 1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 tsp (15 ml) or 4 tsp (20 ml) cream
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Add more cream if too stiff, add more confectioner's sugar if too runny.
- Use a decorator's tube to decorate on the cookies.
- I often times will cover the entire base of the cookie with white or a tinted frosting and then go back with more frosting and/or sprinkles, jimmies, candies, etc. and decorate.
This frosting will harden when it sits out on the cookies.