Sugar Cookie Decoration Frosting
- Basic and simple Sugar Cookie Decoration Icing. Less known version, and generally more superior for decorating than Crisco's Basic Icing.
Serves/Makes:3 cups approx.
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) Crisco or other vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Cook milk and flour until thick and bubbly. Cool completely.
- Mix together crisco, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the two mixtures together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat both mixtures together with whip attatchment on mixer (or your beaters on an electric mixer will work too) for at least 5 minutes or until sugar is no longer grainy.
- Use as desired as a white icing or using food colors, color and tint as desired.
- This is my other favorite icing recipe for Sugar Cookie decorationg for Christams or holidays.