- Great condiment to use on Topopo or Mexican Salads, Burritos, Quesadillas, Chilaquilas, or other Tex-Mex or Mexican foods
- Susan Doocy
Serves/Makes:about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Hellman's or Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 4 tsp (20 ml) pickled jalapeno slices, minced
- 4 tsp (20 ml) pickled jalapeno juice from the jar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt or to taste
- Optional: garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of cilantro
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all the ingredients together and blend well.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight for the flavors to set.
- Stir before using.
- Note: I like to add either green or red chile salsa instead of jalapeno slices sometimes. Very good with chopped cilantro added if you like the flavor.
Recipe Hint: Double or triple recipe and mix this sauce with equal amounts of grated cheese and top baked burritos at the last 5-10 minutes for cheese to melt. Excellent flavor and touch for a smothered burrito served on a bed of shredded lettuce or green cabbage with chopped green onions, black olives, tomatoes, and guacamole.