- The yogurt cucumber sauce that adorns Gyros. This is the real deal! Very good on any greek salad too!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:2/3 cup approx.
- 4 oz (112 grm). plain yogurt (not vanilla)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 whole large lemon, juiced
- 1 tabelspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) virgin olive oil (regular is okay)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) kosher or sea salt (it dissolves better, regular is okay)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
- 2 oz (56 grm). diced cucumber, peeled, de-seeded, chopped fine
- Combine all ingredients and let marinate from five minutes to one day.
- Note: Omit the cucumbers for a GREAT yogurt sauce to serve with vegetables and fish! This is a great all purpose vegetable dipping sauce for fresh raw vegetables.
Easily doubles or triples or more!