Homestyle Beef Stroganoff
- Cream sauce and steak over egg noodles
- 1 lb (.5 kg). package wide or extra wide egg noodles, cooked
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 16 oz (448 grm). sour cream
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). beef round steak (or tender steak)
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh thick sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup (225 ml) onion sliced long slivers
- sliced fresh garlic
- A-1 steak sauce
- Cut steak in bite size pieces and brown in frying pan (if adding mushrooms, onion, or garlic, brown with steak).
- Add cream of mushroom soup to steak (do not add water/milk).
- Add sour cream to mixture(if wanted add 1 tsp (5 ml). A-1 steak sauce)
- Stir sauce and steak over low heat periodically for 30 minutes.
- Cook noodles to be done at the same time as sauce.
- Serve with favorite bread, veggie, and/or salad.