- Great casserole with a twist using ground beef, noodles and sauerkraut in a recipe together
- Joan Smith
- 8 oz (224 grm). pkg. wide noodles
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground beef
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can sauerkraut
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- Cook noodles according to directions without salt.
- Brown beef and add to noodles.
- Mix with sauerkraut; add soup (undiluted).
- Use a 2 1/2 qt. casserole dish or divide into 2 smaller casseroles and freeze one.
- Bake for 45 minutes in 350 degree (175 C.) oven.
- I received this from a friend about 25 years ago and she said it was her favourite and it was passed down from her family for 2 generations. I was surprised how well it tasted and how quick it was to make. Enjoy as much as we do.