- The most simple Chicken Strudel, a creamy type and uses Alfredo Sauce from a jar and Puff Pastry instead of Phyllo.
- S. Chokel
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked chicken chunks
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen chopped asparagus, thawed and drained
- 1 17 oz (476 grm). jar Alfredo sauce, divided
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from 17-1/4 oz (484.4 grm). package), thawed
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, asparagus, and 3/4 cup (175 ml) Alfredo sauce; mix well.
- Unfold the puff pastry onto a large baking sheet.
- Spoon the chicken mixture lengthwise down the center of the pastry.
- Cut slits 1 inch apart lengthwise down each side of the filling.
- Braid the dough over the filling, overlapping to form "X" shapes.
- Spray the top with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 27 minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining Alfredo sauce over low heat.
- Slice the strudel and serve topped with the sauce.
- I like adding grated Swiss Cheese to the filling of the strudel, about 1 cup and adding 1/2 cup of grated swiss to the remaining Alfredo Sauce for a savory cheesey flavor, it is soooo good that way!
Substitute carrots and/or broccoli for the asparagus if your family baulks at it.