- Comfort food for Lebanese families. Delcious and nutritous. Try it for a change and it will become a standard at your house.
- Susan Doocy (From a visiting diplomat)
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). green beans
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lamb, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can tomatoes
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- cooked rice
- Brown meat with onions in melted butter and add spices.
- String and cut green beans. Wash and drain.
- Combine beans with meat.
- Cover and steam for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sauce and water and cook over low heat approximately 1 hour.
- Serve over rice.