- Mary Edwards - taken from an old church cookbook
- 1 cup (225 ml) blanched slivered almonds
- 1 stick of butter (no substitute)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) light corn syrup
- Line a 4 sided cookie sheet with foil, including the sides.
- Lightly coat the foil with butter.
- In a 10 inch non-stick skillet, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Over medium heat, continue stirring for 5-6 minutes until the mixture becomes a light golden brown color.
- Quickly pour onto the prepared pan and spread as thin as possible.
- Immediately wash the pan and spoon in very HOT running water.
- Put the candy in the refrigerator to cool.
- When it has cooled, lift the foil and break it into pieces.
- Store in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator.
- Delicious candy. Very is to prepare!