- Thick and sweet dates cooked in a saucepan and made into bite sized candy-like balls. Very good.
Serves/Makes:12 or more balls
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped dates, or 1 8 oz (224 grm). package
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- 2 cups (475 ml) crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- flaked coconut
- Combine butter, dates, eggs and sugar in medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, nuts and cereal, stirring well.
- Shape into balls and roll in coconut.
- It is nice to make them into little logs and roll in powdered sugar a few time for Date Logs. This is an old time recipe.