- Italian sausage and seasonings in an All American favorite.
- Tucson Tart
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (225 ml) pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). prosciutto ham, or several slices ham
- 8 ozs. sliced Provolone cheese
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can mushrooms, drained
- Mix first 10 ingredients, along with 3/4 cup (175 ml) of the pizza sauce; pat half into an oval-shaped casserole/baking pan or make into an oval shaped loaf in any pan.
- Place ham, cheese and mushrooms on top of this layer
- Then top with remaining meat mixture and press together sides of meat.
- Spread remaining pizza sauce on top.
- Bake 375 degrees (200 C.) for 1 hour.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes before slicing.