Beirocks with Hamburger and Cabbage
- 8 Rhodes frozen white rolls
- 1 lb (.5 kg). hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely shredded
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste (use a LOT!)
- Remove Rhodes rolls from freezer and let rise according to directions on package.
- Brown ground beef with onion and drain.
- Add cabbage to skillet with beef and onion and cook until wilted.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. (I think the secret is to use a lot of salt -a tbsp or so...use about half as much black pepper and garlic powder.)
- Roll out each white roll into a 6 inch circle and place a generous scoop of filling in the center--divide filling evenly among rolls.
- Fold up rolls around filling and pinch to seal with your fingers.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- This recipe is from a friend of mine who lives in a little Mennonite community in Kansas. She sometimes puts a piece of american cheese in each bierock before sealing them. Enjoy!