Cranberry and Cream Cheese Molded Salad
- 2 3 oz (84 grm). packages raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) boiling water
- 1 20 oz (560 grm). can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). can whole cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) port wine
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) dairy sour cream
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in pineappple, cranberry sauce and wine.
- Chill until mixture thickens slightly.
- Fold in pecans and turn into a 2 quarts (1900 ml) serving dish.
- Chill until firm.
- When gelatin is set, soften cream cheese and gradually beat in sour cream until mixture is smooth.
- Spread over gelatin.
- Chill until serving time.
- Do not unmold.
- Spoon the servings out or cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves.
This has been a family favorite for holiday dinners for over 20 years.
The recipe comes from the 25th National Square Dance Convention Cookbook in 1976.