- The dressing up of cabbage slaw into vegetable ambroisia! Sweet, tangy, savory, crunchy, nutty.. yummmie salad!
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canola oil (corn or vegetable blends fine to use)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) roasted sesame seed oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar (to taste, more or less)
- 2 chicken ramen noodle seasoning packets from inside the Ramen Noodle Cellophane Packages (roast chicken has a flavor I especially like now that it is on the market)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head green garden variety cabbage, medium to thinly shredded
- 1 small bunch green onions (scallions), sliced or chopped
- 2 3 oz (84 grm). packages chicken flavored ramen noodles, broken and crunched-up (you will have used the flavor packets for the dressing ingredient above)
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1 cup (225 ml) salted toasted or raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced almonds
- In a quart jar, place the canola oil, roasted sesame seed oil, vinegar, granulated sugar, the chicken ramen noodle seasoning packs, and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Shake them until the sugars and ramen packet seasonings dissolve, then set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl, (or use a clean, unused medium sized white plastic garbage bag), place the cabbage, green onions, crunched-up ramen noodles, raisins, sunflower seeds, and sliced almonds, then toss gently to distribute and mix the ingredients.
- Next, shake the dressing one last time to blend it well and emulsify the ingredients a bit, then pour over the slaw mixture and blend-in the dressing well enough that everything is well coated, but not mauled.
- Place in a pretty bowl or serving container.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Best to make the day before, chill overnight, and toss gently just prior to serving.
- Fabulous stuff! Healthy and Nutritious too! Everybody wants the recipe, and everybody love this! Try it at picnics, potlucks, holidays, or cut the recipe in half and serve it for family mealtime.