- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) walnuts
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon or more
- blue berries, optional
- Combine ingredients for topping and set aside.
- To make batter, cream margarine, sugar and eggs.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and beat in.
- Grease a tube pan.
- Pour in half of batter.
- Add half of topping.
- Add remaining batter.
- Add remaining topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- I don't know whose Granny this is because they didn't give us their name or email address.
We activated the recipe anyway and have made it 4 times already. The first 3 with fresh blueberries in the middle and today with fresh strawberries. It's a keeper!
June, 2010: We have now made it dozens of times since the recipe was activated!