Cheryls Famous Enchiladas
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3 cans of enchilada sauce
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 packages Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 pkg. of flour tortillas or corn tortias
- 1 large red onion or white onion, chopped
- cooking oil (any kind will work)
- Cook ground beef, onions, and peppers until beef is done.
- In a little oil, fry tortillas about two to three seconds on each side to soften.
- Place the tortillas in the enchiladas sauce.
- Fill with meat mixture, roll up and place tortilla in casserole dish or baking pan.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle cheese over the enchiladas until covered.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) and bake until cheese is melted.
- My family and friends love this recipe.
You can also serve with rice and beans.