Southwest Tuna Salad Wraps
- 2 6 oz (168 grm). cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained well
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) minced red bell pepper
- 1 medium-sized jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and forced through a press
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). Tabasco sauce
- 6 small inner leaves, romaine lettuce, cut into fine shreds
- 2 whole pita bread, split and opened
- Break up the tuna into fine flakes.
- Add the bell pepper, jalapeno and cilantro.
- Stir together they mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and Tabasco.
- Combine the tuna mixture with the mayonnaise dressing and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Just before serving, stir in the shreds of romaine.
- Fill the pita bread with lettuce and tuna mixture and serve.