Country Club Bacon and Eggs
- 12 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Canadian bacon, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- Alternate layers of bread slices, cheeses, and bacon in 7x11 inch baking pan until all are used.
- Beat eggs with milk and salt in bowl.
- Pour over casserole.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 50-60 minutes.
- Source: Casseroles: Favorite Recipes of Home Economics Teachers (Nashville Press)