Canadian Bacon and Cheddar Muffin Puff
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) honey
- 2 tsp (10 ml) caraway seeds
- 6 Bays English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 12 slices (approximately 1 pound) Canadian bacon
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- salt and white pepper to taste
- parsley sprigs
- apple slices
- Combine mustard, honey and caraway seeds; spread 1 tbspful on each muffin half.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saut Canadian bacon slices until thoroughly heated, turning once.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Saut apple slices lightly in drippings.
- Arrange Canadian bacon slices and apple slices on muffins; place on baking sheet.
- In a large bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in cheddar cheese, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Mound on muffins, spreading evenly over topping.
- Broil in a preheated broiler until puffed and golden, about 1 minute.
- Garnish with a parsley sprig and additional apple slices.
- Serve immediately.
- Source: www.bays.com