- Quick Cooking Sept/Oct 2001
Serves/Makes:about 2 1/2 pounds
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) plus 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter (no substitutes), divided
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) whipping cream
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). to 12 oz (336 grm). package vanilla or white chips
- 1 7 oz (196 grm). jar marshmallow creme
- 3 tsp (15 ml) orange extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 5 drops red food coloring
- Grease a 13-in x 9-in x 2 in pan with 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) butter.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream and remaining butter.
- Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chips and marshmallow creme until smooth.
- Remove 1 cup (225 ml) of mixture and set aside.
- Add orange extract and food colorings to remaining mixture;stir until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Drop the reserved marshmallow mixture by tbspfuls over the top; cut through mixture with a knife to swirl.
- Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares.
- Plan ahead...needs to chill.