- Wonderful hot drink made in Crock Pot
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) cider
- 1 tsp (5 ml). whole allspice
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). whole cloves
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- orange slices
- Put all ingredients in Crock Pot.
- If desired, tie whole spices in cheesecloth or put in tea strainer. (If spices are added loose, strain before serving.)
- Cover and cook on low 2 to 8 hours.
- Serve from Crock Pot with ladle.
- This recipe comes from the Crock Pot cookbook and is winter comfort food at my house. I haven't tried this with wine instead of cider, but I bet the same spices would work.