SOS (Chipped Beef on Toast)
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). hamburger
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) to 2 cups (475 ml) milk - depending on desired consistency.
- salt to taste
- chopped onion, optional
- buttered toast slices
- Brown hamburger in skillet (with onion, if using ).
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Slowly add milk until desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste.
- Spoon over hot buttered toast.
- Chipped beef can be used. The difference is that you would use melted butter, sprinkle with flour, add milk to make a white sauce and then add the chipped beef.