- A bag of herbs and spices is for seasoning stew or soup.
Serves/Makes:1 bouquet garni
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried parsley
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) dried thyme
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml) dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sage
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried savory
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) crumbled dry bay leaf
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) celery seed
- 5 peppercorns
- Crush together the herbs and spices. Pace into a small bag made from several layers of cheesecloth.
- Tightly tie the bag shut with string.
- Add the garni while simmering the ingredients for any soup.
- Take out before serving and discard.
- Cook's Note: In bouquet garni, the amount of any ingredient can be
decreased or increased as desired according to personal tastes.