- A jazzed up version of chipped beef on toast.
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter or margarine
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk (whatever percent you like)
- 1/3 bag frozen peas
- 1 small jar pimentos, with juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 large or 2 small jars dried beef
- mashed potatoes or toast
- In a good sized sauce pan, make a white sauce with the butter, flour and milk.
- When the white sauce thickens, add the peas and pimentos.
- Shred or cut the dried beef into bite sized pieces; add to white sauce.
- Heat the mixture until all is hot and the peas have thawed.
- Serve on mashed potatoes or toast.
- Some stores carry the dried beef in jars and some have it in air tight bags. It's usually near the tuna. Also, add beef, peas, pimiento etc. to taste. My family tends not to record formal recipes but just ingredients so I guessed a little here.