- Acorn squash and apple soup
Serves/Makes:4 or more servings
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sliced carrot
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) apple cider or juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml). instant chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). white pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked acorn squash
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk or light cream
- Boil squash.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- In large saucepan cook onion and carrot in cider, covered, for about 12 minutes until tender.
- Do not drain.
- Add bouillon, lemon juice, ginger, and pepper.
- Transfer to blender/food processor.
- Add mashed squash and blend until smooth.
- Return squash mixture to pan and add milk or cream.
- Bring mix to boil stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, cover, simmer 5-10 minutes, until blended, stirring once or twice.
- Easy and delicious.