- Corn Chowder with Bacon and Bourbon delicious
- a wonderful friend gave this to me
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, cut finely
- 2 cans cream corn
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bourbon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 4 slices bacon, diced and fried crispy
- 2 green onions finely minced
- In saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the corn.
- In small saucepan heat the bourbon, ignite it and let flame for 1 minute.
- Pour the bourbon into the corn mixture.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Heat through.
- Top each dish with the bacon crisps and the green onions.
- NOTE: Make sure the bowls are really warm before serving the soup. This dish is really delicious and can also be served with warm baby shrimp added.
I write a food column for a newspaper and also have written a cookbook. My recipes are also in the Best of the Best From Michigan and the Hallmark Hall of Fame Cookbooks from Quail Ridge Press. Thanks for asking. Jeanne E. Briggs you can find my column on the website: www.rockfordsquire.com "what's cooking"