- 2 large eggs and l egg yolk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) sour cream
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) flour
- Beat eggs/yolk and oil with whisk until well blended.
- Add sour cream; blend thoroughly together.
- Add flour/salt and mix until well blended to form a ball.
- Knead 1 minute or so.
- Refrigerate, covered, for an hour.
- Roll out on floured board until very thin.
- Or use a pasta machine and run it through until thin.
- Boil pierogi's in large pot (do not overcrowd) with 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil in the water for about 8-10 minutes. It should be a slow boil not on "high" and a rolling boil.
- Stir gently.
- My grandparents on both sides of my family are from Poland and this is the recipe they have always used. My husband is Italian and I use this all the time to make ravioli's; his family changed to this recipe many years ago and still use it.