- Lemon garlic dill pasta salad
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 10 oz (280 grm). bowtie or Penne pasta cooked al dente
- 1 sweet red pepper, small dice
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh dill, stems removed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in double salted water.
- Drain and run pasta under cold water until cool.
- Combine pasta with the red pepper, tomato and scallion.
- For the Dressing:
- In a food processor add the garlic, lemon, djion, salt and dill.
- Pulse machine till the ingredients are chopped fine, scraping down the bowl.
- Add the egg.
- With the machine running, add both the oils in a thin stream to form a mayonaise.
- THe dressing should be creamy and thick.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Combine with pasta.
- This dressing is also tasty on potato salad or as a sandwich spread.
Editors note: because of current controversy concerning the consumption of raw eggs you might wish to coddle the egg first.