Spicy Penne Sausage in Tomato Sauce
- This dish is excellent for entertaining
- Terri Mck
- 1/2 bag Penne pasta, cooked (or more)
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry parsley
- 2 jars classic tomato & herb sauce
- 2 pkg. Hilshire cajun sausage (or 3)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- Cook at medium heat and begin by adding oil to pan then add whole sausage.
- Lightly brown outside of sausage then remove all from pan to cutting board.
- Cook pasta in water.
- Slice sausage into 1/2 inch rounds then add back to pan and cook until pink is gone.
- Add wine to pan continue cooking on medium heat then add minced garlic (careful not to burn garlic).
- Add sauces when wine reduces to half.
- Add parsley flakes.
- Continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked penne to sauce, and blend well.
- This recipe is a must for all you pasta lovers out there. It's mildly spicy and easy to enjoy........ Chose a nice dry Italian wine to both cook with as well as serve to your guests. (If you don't like the Cajun Sausage chose Italian or spicy but I find Hilshire Farms Sausage has the best textured sausage for this dish.)