- J King
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) nuts (optional)
- 24 saltine crackers
- On a large cookie sheet, place crackers to cover entire sheet.
- Melt butter in medium pot and add brown sugar.
- Heat at medium until boiling(3-5 minutes).
- Continue to boil and stir for 3 minutes or so until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour over crackers and place in oven that has been preheated to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Leave in five minutes then remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips.
- Let stand until chocolate chips are melted and then spread them evenly over crackers.
- Add chopped nuts if desired.
- Chill and cut into squares.
- This is a very quick, easy and delicious recipe to take to any gathering. Great for last minute dessert ideas!