- Chucks collection
- 3 cups (700 ml) oatmeal
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 3/4 cup (175 ml) packed brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) applesauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- cream, optional
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together.
- Add raisins and nuts.
- Spread in a 9x9 inch pan, lightly coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with cream if desired.
- This is ALMOST like a cake.
Have not tried this recipe, but sounds good to me.
Hope you like it, and hope it is what you are looking for.