Crunchy Cranberry Buttermilk Muffins
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) quick oats, uncooked
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Combine liquid ingredients in small mixing bowl.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture just until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently stir in cranberries.
- Fill paper-lined 2 3/4 inch muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with butter.
- NOTE: Muffins can be prepared ahead and frozen. Reheat in microwave one muffin on High (100%) for 30 to 45 seconds.
Recipe by the American Dairy Association.