Pumpkin Muffins with Nutty Topping
- Not too sweet and spicy pumpkin muffins with toasted chopped pecans on top. Delicious anytime of day.
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pumpkin-pie spice
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin-pie mix)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) margarine or butter (1/2 stick), melted
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecans, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Grease twelve 2 1/2" by 1 1/4" muffin pan cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt, set aside.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk, mix milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, melted margarine or butter, vanilla, and eggs until blended.
- Stir into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan cups and sprinkle tops with chopped pecans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pan and serve warm. (Or, cool completely on wire rack and reheat).