- Healthy Breakfast Muffins made with Bran Cereal, whole wheat flour, wheat germ and Dried Fruit and Nuts. Great for travelling too!
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) whole bran cereal
- 1 cup (225 ml) skim milk
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) molasses
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins, or any favorite dried fruit
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans, or any favorite nut
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cereal, milk, and egg whites together and soak for 3 minutes.
- Stir the molasses and oil into bran mixture, and set aside.
- Then, in a differnt large mixing bowl, add flours, wheat germ, baking soda, and baking powder together and make a well in the center.
- Add the bran mixture and stir to moisten.
- Fold in your choice of fruits and nuts.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) in a greased muffin tin for 20 to 25 minutes.