Raspberry Muffins with Struesel Topping
- Wonderful Raspberries hidden in the muffins with a sweet nutty struesel topping, very good.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) raspberries frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, and baking powder, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together milk, cooled melted butter and egg.
- Add wet mixture to the bowl with the flour mixture, blend until just mixed, do not overwork.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp (15 ml) of batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Divide half the raspberries among the muffin tin's cups and top each with remaining batter, then add the remaining raspberries.
- For the topping combine pecans, sugar, flour, and butter and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browning and a toothpick comes out free of batter, becareful to not overcook.