- Buttery flavored rich doughnut balls drenched in lip smacking Cinnamon and sugar. The best.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 dozen or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 cups (700 ml) warm water
- 3 packages dry yeast
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 7 cups (1650 ml) flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- oil, for frying
- Dissolve yeast, salt, and sugar in water.
- Add 3 cups (700 ml) of flour and mix.
- Add eggs and butter, mix well.
- Add more flour until the consistency to knead. (Depending on the flour and the hunidiity in the air, it can take a bit more or less, look for a good kneading texture)
- Knead the dough and then let rise until doubled.
- Cut dough into walnut sized balls, or whatever size you like and let rise again.
- Deep fry like any doughnut recipe and roll the balls in Cinnamon and Sugar.
- Serve warm as a dessert or for breakfast.
- These are wonderful rolled in confectioner's sugar and cinnamon mixed together too. I like them dipped into a lemon cream cheese frosting/glaze and a bowl of fresh fruit for breakfast.