- Moist muffins with wonderful warm spiced flavor.
- S. Chokel
- 2 cups (475 ml) of twice sifted flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 teapoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nutmeats
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) strong coffee
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) melted butter
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Stir in nuts.
- Combine egg, coffee, milk, and melted butter.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring only until mixed.
- Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- These are excellent served with cappacinos or mochas. Their sweet spicy flavor compliments Ham and/or sausages for breakfast. Try these with a tab of cream cheese instead of butter for a delicious treat.