Fettuccine con Gamberetti
- Terri Mckibbon
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 1b. fresh fettuccine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz (224 grm). fresh baby shrimp
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmasean cheese, grated
- 4 tsp (20 ml). parmasean cheese, grated
- 2 tsp (10 ml). fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook fettuccine in hot boiling water al dente 3-5 minutes.
- Gently saute shrimp in butter, then add garlic.
- Add wine to shrimp and simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream to shrimp and wine, cook med heat until bubbles.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add fettuccine to shrimp and cream sauce and toss.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup (125 ml) of parmasean, toss until melted.
- Put fettuccine on a warm serving bowl or plates.
- Sprinkle remaining parmasean and parsley, serve.
- This is a wonderful dish to serve any time of year. Serve with a nice bottle of dry white wine. Try to get fresh shrimp from your local supermarket or seafood store not frozen.