Japanese Molded Snow Jelly
- Strawberry and Frothy Gelatin Dessert that is very refreshing.
- Arizona Tart
Serves/Makes:1 large 5-6 Cup Gelatin Mold
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups (475 ml) cold water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 18 fresh strawberries
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup (125 ml) cold water in saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water, then cool.
- Pour gelatin mixture into a large bowl, placing this bowl into a larger bowl of ice, and beat until foamy.
- Arrange strawberries in a 5 6 cups (1425 ml) mold and pour in gelatin mixture.
- Chill until set.
- Unmold and serve as dessert or festive dessert.
- Excellent Easter or springtime recipe. Try using other fruits or a combination of your favorite fruits, we like a selection of fresh berries, like raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and black raspberries.