- Delicious and different way to use up extra zucchini. Try it for a nice supper and serve it with a chilled creamy fruit salad for a taste treat.
- Arizona Tart
- 6 large zucchini (6 to 8 inches long)
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground beef or lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked rice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 3 cups (700 ml) tomato sauce seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, and curry.
- Cut ends from zucchini and split lengthwise; remove seeds and discard.
- Saute meat and onion until meat is browned and onions are tender.
- Add raisins and cook until raisins are puffed up.
- Add precooked rice and mix completely.
- Stuff zucchini with meat and rice mixture and place in a baking dish.
- Heat spiced tomato sauce and pour over stuffed zucchinis to cover.
- Bake in a 400 degree (200 C.) oven until zucchini are tender and most of the tomato sauce is absorbed.
- A large zucchini in this recipe is about 6-8 inches long. For some of us who garden, that is just a little whipper snapper.. to us, a big one looks like an enlongated football!
This is truly delicious.