- This is a meal in a pan. It is a favorite of one of my in-laws and adored by their family. Nice way to use Easter leftover Hams.
- Susan Doocy
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced cooked ham
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked rice
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- dash of tabasco or red hot chile sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire Sauce
- Cook the onion and green pepper in the butter until soft.
- Add drained tomatoes and cook a few minutes longer.
- Add all the other ingredients, mix well, and put into a well-greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 45 minutes until firm.
- Unmold on a hot platter.
- Serve with a crisp green salad and a combination of steamed broccoli and carrots for a nice meal.