- This is a treat for those who love a rich coffee flavor.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 coffee cups
- 5 cups (1175 ml) water
- heaping 6 tbsp (90 ml) regular grind coffee
- 1 raw egg, including shell
- a tiny pinch of salt
- Place water in coffee pot and bring to a boil.
- Combine coffee, salt and whole egg, including crushed shell, (be sure the egg is washed), and mix to a paste.
- Place egg and coffee mixture into boiling water and boil gently for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and dribble 3 4 tbsp (60 ml) of icy cold water over the coffee to settle the grounds.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes.
- Pour slowly into coffee cups.
- My father, who is in his 70's, swears this is the best thing next to heaven. If you want a treat, try it, if you have an older family member, surprise them with this delicious coffee after a holiday meal.